UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

November 28, 2012

BEAUTY BARGAIN: Laidbare Butter Me Up Organic Shea Body Butter




Now this is a sticker that I like to see in TK Maxx! Especially on a 250ml tub of Shea Body Butter that hasn't been tested on animals, that's free of synthetic colours and fragrances and doesn't contain any parabens. The box was pretty battered but the tub inside was unopened so I whipped this off the shelf and have never looked back! (Again, I have to lay all the thanks for me even thinking of buying this on the lovely Evelyn from We Were Raised By Wolves as her positive review of the Laidbare cleanser inspired a whole array of Laidbare purchases on my part.)



This body butter is rich in Vitamin C and also contains Organic Shea Butter, Rosehip Oil and Avocado Oil. It is basically a pot packed full of ingredients which are all designed to intensely moisturise dry skin and as it isn't full of chemicals it is suitable for sensitive skin.

I've been using this for daily for just over a week now and I just love it. The scent of this is fantastically  but still naturally, sweet and fresh and reminds me of 'Fizzers' sweets that I used to eat when I was a child. This body butter is really thick but absorbs a LOT quicker than the Body Shop Body Butters that I've used previously which makes it a lot more convenient to use as I can put it on right before bed and even (albeit with a less liberal hand) in the morning without fearing that it's going to get on my bed or clothes. 

I'd gotten through about half a tub of this over the course of a week but I had been using this all over me at least once a day and sometimes twice (using a bit more in the mornings on my hands, arms and neck). It leaves your skin absolutely baby soft and the softness and moisturisation lasts very well, which is quite an achievement given how my skin has been reacting to the weather and central heating lately. Tragedy struck last night though when I was half way through applying this and I knocked the tub off my desk sending it spraying body butter all over my carpet :( I lost quite a lot of product which really annoyed me, but I guess this highlight's the major downside of buying products that come in tubs like this!


And here's a list of ingredients!

This body butter normally costs £11.99 online here and here. I think in comparison to the Body Shop Body Butters this is a lot better quality for a similar price and I personally find the scent of this beyond delectable- if I could smell like this everyday that would be more than okay by me! I would definitely repurchase this and if you see this in a discount store such as TK Maxx snap that baby up because I don't think you'll be disappointed- for me, at just £3, this was one of the best value purchases I've made in ages.


Do you have a favourite body butter? 


Angelica

Share:

9 comments

  1. Im a bit lazy with testing new body butters and just stick to the ones from.body shop but.that deffo.was a good bargain as u can.see the rrp is 12.99!! X

    Glitterygowns.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually use Body Shop body butters too as they always have such gorgeous scents but I think the quality of this one was better than the last couple (blueberry and coconut) that I've tried from the Body Shop xx

      Delete
  2. Love a good TK Maxx bargain! My favourite body butters are Body Shop ones, so many nice "flavours" :)

    http://www.danielleyc.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Body Shop ones do have lovely scents :) I think my favourite is probably the raspberry one xx

      Delete
  3. Great bargin!
    Your blog is great too, going back to check out past posts now!
    Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin'??

    Kendra
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, I'll give your blog a read :) xx

      Delete
  4. Wow what a steal you lucky girl! I personally love body butters with vanilla or chocolate scent, especially in the cold time of the year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't actually tried one with a either of those scents, but I am a bit of a sucker for vanilla so I have no doubt I will eventually :) xx

      Delete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig