UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

September 23, 2013

Life in Leeds #1


This is a new lifestyle post series that I'm going to be writing throughout my final year at University. I'll be writing about anything interesting, especially if it is embarrassing or funny, that happens to me. Hopefully these posts will be entertaining for you to read. Or if you're also at university then maybe they'll help remind you that everyone has issues and gets embarrassed but that the most important thing about life is to be happy, even if that means laughing at ourselves from time to time. I would love to hear your feedback on these posts, whether it is you telling me how you can relate to them or letting me know (hopefully politely) if you don't like them. 



On September 16th I moved back to Leeds to undertake my final year at University (my “lets postpone getting a job” postgraduate degree). With the vast majority of my close friends having left Leeds, and knowing first hand the reality of Leeds’ student accommodation shit-storm, I opted for university run housing.

Now, university housing isn’t all bad but my previous experience was awful. As a literature student being housed with four, verging upon alcoholic, scientists in my freshers year was not exactly my cup of tea. The difference between what I did on a day to day basis, especially how and when I studied, to what they did on a daily basis was huge and I felt very misunderstood and left out. Two years after living through it I was incredibly wary about returning to a university flat where I wouldn’t know anyone.

Turns out that this year I’m the dick in my flat. Everything was going so perfectly (the flat is gorgeous, it’s really close to university and the flatmates I’ve met so far are really lovely) and then I go and spoil it all by completely forgetting one of the girls’ names. We’ve all been there at one point or another but most people don’t forget the names of people they live with.

Instead of facing this problem head on (it really is just too embarrassing)  I’m going to casually suggest we add one another on Facebook. Or better yet haunt the mailbox we share as a flat until a letter or parcel arrives addressed to that one name I don’t know… Seriously guys, I’m embarrassed. Freshers, don’t make the same mistake as me. Write that stuff down as soon as you can and then you can’t forget it.


Share:

6 comments

  1. Bahaha. This post made me chuckle. I don't recall ever forgetting names when I was at uni, though one of my housemates accidently called me the name of his very recent ex once during our first week. Awkward! They always make for the best stories/memories after though so don't fret too much.

    Helen
    www.teainthetub.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha aw I'm a bit like that with names - I hope I don't be like this when I come to go to Uni! x


    50 Follower Giveaway!

    Top 10 Under £10/$10/€10

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! This is so true! I usually wait until someone else calls their name, if not I wait and wait haha. Welcome back to Leeds hun :)

    Mintyessence

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really bad with names :/ It something that happens to me a lot.
    I commend you for putting up with uncomfortable roommates for 2 years. I know what it's like, it's hard. I lasted a year with mine and it was so miserable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha this does sound very much like something I would do! :)
    Good to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your time and effort to summarize everything for the audience,. I am truly learning from your experience. Thanks again for useful resource.

    Durham student pad

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig