UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

February 13, 2014

Review: L'Oreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution



I picked up L'Oreal's Micellar Solution as a replacement make-up remover when I finished my Vichy Normaderm Micellar Solution. I'd read on countless blogs how this L'Oreal Micellar Solution was a dupe for Bioderma and so I was quite excited to try it out. However, unlike Bioderma and Vichy's micellar solutions, I found that L'Oreal's aggravated my skin. After use, L'Oreal's Micellar Solution left my face quite red which I didn't expect at all. I do have sensitive skin, but I had absolutely no issues with Vichy's product which is aimed at oily, blemish prone skin so I wasn't expecting for the L'Oreal Solution (which the packaging states is "suitable for sensitive skin") to be a problem!

As I didn't have an awful reaction to it I did continue to use the product and now that I've finished it I feel comfortable talking about my experience with it. What I found is that it doesn't have the same light, water-like consistency as Bioderma and it certainly doesn't remove my make-up as well. I wear waterproof mascara and eyeliner on a daily basis and this Micellar Solution just couldn't remove it, regardless of how many cotton pads I went through. However, it did remove the rest of my make up perfectly well so I did put it to that use. I personally wouldn't repurchase L'Oreal's Micellar Solution, I think Vichy's is much better for my skin type (it both removes make-up and helps with my combination, blemish prone skin) and Bioderma is better as a make-up remover. I'm glad I tried L'Oreal's version, because I like to know how drugstore skincare ranks against some of my higher-end favourites, but on this occasion I wasn't too impressed. 


Have you tried this micellar water? What make-up removers would you recommend?

Share:

4 comments

  1. Ah no, that's so annoying! I'm curious to try this L'oreal one though, as I'm not quite ready to fork out for Bioderma. Great post though - it's good to see what does and doesn't work for people! xxx

    www.darbx.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the L'Oreal, but I agree it doesn't remove makeup all that well, I use it for cleaning up, and for cleaning my waterline as its so gentle:)

    Catherine x

    http://www.beautyisintheeyeofthebeholder.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using this as an eye makeup remover the last few weeks and it works a treat :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was thinking of trying this but after reading your review i don't think i will, i have really sensitive skin so i don't think this would be all that good!xx

    www.minniemichelle.com

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig