UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

April 18, 2014

Review: Yves Rocher Sexy Pulp Lash Plumping Mascara

affordable volumising mascara

Yves Rocher is a new brand on my radar. I haven't tried any of their products before but I have pursued their website (link here) and they make a whole assortment of beauty goodies! I'm always on the look out for new mascaras to try and having never tried anything from Yves Rocher before I was very keen to out their Sexy Pulp Mascara*. It comes in a typical black mascara tube - it's easy to open but very durable and the packaging hasn't become distressed after a few weeks in my make-up bag (they usually do). What's unusual about this mascara is the wand - the brush is quite large and dense, and has a very unusual shape. It means that the product is distributed quite thickly over the lashes (which does mean a certain degree of clumping, although it isn't too bad) but the curved shape of the wand really does offer a nice curl to both the upper and lower lashes (see my photo below). 

Affordable volumising lashes

You can see me wearing Yves Rocher Sexy Pulp Mascara* in full 'face of the day' make-up looks  here and here.

This mascara offers an intense black colour and I find that the product lasts well on my lashes. However, I have quite hooded eyelids and I did have a little bit of an issue with product transferring onto my eyelid. It wasn't so bad that I didn't want to wear the mascara but on hotter, summer days it would probably leave me not wanting to reach for this mascara over others. All in all, I've really enjoyed my first taste of Yves Rocher make-up - I liked the packaging, the innovative mascara wand and the product itself was not disappointing. I'd definitely like to try more from the brand and if you're looking for a new mascara to try out you can find Yves Rocher's Sexy Pulp Mascara on their website here and from Baobella Boutique


Have you tried anything from Yves Rocher before? 

Share:

3 comments

  1. I haven't tried anything by this brand - I had heard of them but I guess they're just not on my radar! Will have to have a nosey at their website xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying this too & was so SHOCKED at the size of the wand, a little worried it was too big at first but it actually works well. I like how this coats each individual lash and makes them look voluminous & healthy.
    http://www.letstalkbeauty.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooooo this looks wicked! giant wand! xx

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig