UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

December 06, 2014

Hair Heroes: Unadulterated Volume

One Little Vice Beauty Blog: how to volume hair

Earlier this month I attended a Kerastraight event at the Trevor Sorbie Covent Garden Salon. At the event I was able to chat one-on-one with a hair stylist about my hair. Not only did I get some tips on how to help it look its best but I also witnessed some of Kerastraight's products in action. The styling product that really caught my eye was Kerastraight's Root Lift Gel- seriously, just a couple of pumps of this gel visibly lifts hair, offering fantastic body and volume. 

I was lucky enough to take some of Kerastraight's products home with me from the event and they've really taken pride of place in my haircare routine. I've found that I can use the Root Lift Gel* on damp or dry hair - on the former I blow dry my hair after application and when I use it on dry hair I just run it from my roots down my lengths and brush it through. Either way, it leaves my hair visibly bigger and this volume lasts for so much longer than it used to when I used other styling products.

If I want to add a bit of extra hold, or if I want to add some texture to the ends of my hair, then I've been reaching for Alterna's Caviar Anti-Ageing Perfect Texture Finishing Spray*. It's the best aerosol texturising spray that I've come across and it adds a lot of grit to my hair without weighing it down. I've also found it fantastic at helping curls last (I've been curling my hair a lot this month with my new Vidal Sassoon Radiance Curler*).

On second-day hair, I usually add some of Lush's No Drought Dry Shampoo and I've found that it works well at reviving my style and adding lot of extra volume. You have to be careful not to use too much otherwise your hair can be left with a white cast. Once I've brushed the dry shampoo through my hair, I then apply another couple of sprays of Kerastraight's Root Lift Gel* to my roots and mid-lengths and my hair is pretty much as good as new. 



Share:

3 comments

  1. I need that LUSH dry shampoo, I must add it to my "to buy" list <3

    Dannie x
    www.famousinjapan.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lush's dry shampoo. It's one of the best ones out there and lasts for ages! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh great tips! My hair seriously lacks volume! Gonna look into these products. Fab post lovely xx

    Kate | kateemmaloves.

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig