UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

February 01, 2015

LookFantastic's February Beauty Box

One Little Vice Beauty Blog: LookFantastic Beauty Box Contents

This month I've very kindly been invited to review LookFantastic's February Beauty Box* so I received my box a week earlier than its general release. When I first received it I was surprised by the big names making an appearance, as well as some more "cult" blogger favourites that I've wanted to try out for a while now. I've done a breakdown of the value of each product in this month's box, as well as sharing my views on the products themselves. 

One Little Vice Beauty Box: Look Fantastic Beauty Box Contents

LookFantastic February Beauty Box Contents


available from Look Fantastic at £13.45 for 25ml
Value = £13.45
Now this is quite something! I haven't seen a big name like Moroccan Oil in a beauty box for a while now, and certainly not a full size bottle. Although it's only 25ml you'd be surprised how long it will last - honestly, my last bottle lasted for months! It's arrived in perfect time for me to take it to Greece with me but it's also the perfect size to pop in your gym bag or to leave in your boyfriend's house. Although I still think that Kerastraight's Ultimate Oil is a better hair oil, Moroccan Oil does do a great job of leaving you with wonderfully soft, shiny and manageable hair and I'm really impressed to see it in LookFantastic's beauty box. If you've ever wanted to try this hair oil then you'd be better off buying the beauty box and getting all the other products for just £1.55 extra!

available from Look Fantastic at £6.95 for 25ml 
Value = £2.78
I've wanted to try one of Dr. PawPaw's Balms for a long time now. They're made in the UK and there are three different varieties - original (clear), tinted peach pink and the ultimate red balm. I was sort of disappointed that I didn't have the chance to try out one of the tinted balms because I definitely get more use out of lip balms with a bit of colour in them. However, that being said, the Original Balm is a really nice hydrating product's a lot more multipurpose when it doesn't have a tint. It's much thinner and lighter on my lips than my favourite Lanolips 101 Ointment which makes it slightly easier to use on-the-go. I also think the packaging is a lot more unisex so I could definitely see myself purchasing it for male friends and family members. It isn't a high value addition to the box but I think it's a great size to really see if you'd want to repurchase the product.

available from Look Fantastic at £14.00
Value of sample = £14.00
This is the first Bellápierre makeup product that I've tried and I was really impressed to see another big name beauty brand making an appearance, especially with a full-size product. I was also glad to see that there are colours other than black being included (I have received so many black pencil liners from beauty boxes). Snow White is a true-white liner that you'd use to brighten your eyes by applying it along your waterline. However, it isn't the creamiest of products so I do get the impression that it might not be very comfortable to use on that very sensitive part of your eye area. Still, it's great to see LookFantastic listening to customers and providing a beauty box with a real mixture of products, and from premium brands too!

available from Monu at £27.95 for 50ml
Value = £11.18
I was really, really excited to see this dinky little mini of Monu's Illuminating Primer. I've been using this primer since the beginning of December (I have a full size) and it really is wonderful at extending the wear time of foundation as well as adding a really healthy looking glow. It has a thick and slightly tacky consistency so you don't need much, meaning that even this 20ml sample size will last a long while. The downside is that the product is an almost true-white pearlescent shade that won't work well as a primer for dark skin tones, but you could probably get some use out of it as a highlighter.

available from Look Fantastic at £45.00 for 50oz
Value = £0.54
Formulated with over 26 different minerals and 97% natural this cleansing bar offers you a new way to experience your daily skincare cleanse. I must admit that I'm not usually a huge fan of facial soaps (I tend to find them a bit harsh and drying) but this Cleansing Bar is suggested as a good exfoliating option for when you want to declog and refresh your skin. It's always great to discover new brands through beauty boxes and I'm really happy to be introduced to a whole new range of products, even if they are on the pricer end of the spectrum!

available from Look Fantastic at £10 for 200ml
Value = £2.50
Korres is a brand that's made a previous appearance in LookFantastic's Beauty Box back in October, and with the same zesty citrus scent. It's nice to have been able to try out both the Shower Gel and matching Body Milk, it gives me the impression that there's a relationship between the boxes that gives monthly re-subscribers the most from their boxes. The Body Milk is light and fresh to use, absorbing quickly with Korres' usual high quality feel. A great addition to an already wonderfully varied beauty box.

Cost of LookFantastic's Beauty Box = £15*

Total Value of LookFantastic's February Beauty Box = £44.45



Overall I'm really impressed with this month's contents. It's lovely to see such a great variety of products from some really well established, and much loved, beauty brands. LookFantastic's beauty boxes have consistently impressed me ever since I discovered them in October and I hope that they continue to provide this incredible beauty box service that, in my experience, other beauty boxes just don't offer, especially not this consistently.

Share:

4 comments

  1. It looks like a great box, I'm not subscribed but it looks interesting x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really good box! Korres Body Milks are so lovely to use :) x

    Evelyn @ We Were Raised By Wolves

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen Moroccan Oil in a beauty box before - it's nearly getting the box just for that alone! xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Normally I think it's a shame that some bloggers get the box first and reveal the products before the middle of the month as many will have received it by then - but I have decided to go with it :)

    I LOVED this mini review of each products & I'm soooo excited to get my box

    xx
    A Little Beauty Laugh // Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig