UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

April 13, 2015

Alva Organic Baked Rouge Blusher in Shiny Rose Review

one little vice uk beauty blog: talc free blush
one little vice beauty blog: talc free powder blush


Generally I steer clear of powder beauty products because (as often as I can) I like to avoid using talc on my skin and many powders - even from luxury and high end brands - contain talc. However, recently I was browsing on MyPure - a natural beauty website that let me choose beauty products to review each month - when I spotted  Alva's Baked Rouge Powder Blushers*, a range of talc free blushers from a natural beauty brand that I hadn't yet had the opportunity to try. For the last couple of weeks I've been trying out the shade Shiny Rose* and today I thought I'd let you know how I've been getting on with it. 


onelittlevice uk beauty blog: talc free blusher
onelittlevice uk beauty blog: talc free powder blusher


First off, I'd like to point out that Alva's Baked Rouge Powder Blusher in Shiny Rose* isn't all that "rosy" in colour - it's actually much more of a burnt orange with a deep, warm hue. If you don't mind that the name is a little bit misleading then the product itself is actually really nice. It's an incredibly pigmented blush so a little bit goes a very long way - I prefer to apply it to my cheeks using a small, sparse brush that gently dusts the colour onto my cheeks before blending out the edges with a buffing brush. In the photo above you can see what sort of finished look this gives. Shiny Rose gives gives natural-looking (albeit quite deep) flush of colour that I think really helps to lift and shape my face. 

Once applied, I find that Alva's Baked Rouge Powder Blush has very good lasting power and sticks around throughout even a long day. It doesn't settle into the open pores on my cheeks, and the matte formula really does blend well giving quite a natural finish. The only slight disappointment one might have is with the packaging, as the cardboard and elasticated seal aren't the most aesthetically pleasing. However, if all you're looking for is functional, skin-friendly makeup then Alva really does deliver. I'm very happy to have another talc-free blush in my collection, especially with the summer approaching where long-lasting makeup is a must!


You can find Alva's Baked Rouge Powder Blushers* on MyPure for £14.35*.

Share:

3 comments

  1. Your photos are so good! I actually don't mind cardboard packaging, it seems good for avoiding smashing or breakages :) The colour looks really nice on you too :)

    www.surelychar.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to have someone else buying talc free powders! So many popular blushes, both budget and high end, contain talc and it's so gutting! This looks like a lovely one to wear in the summer with a bit of a tan :-) xx

    Ramblings of a Beauty Bird | Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig