UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

August 06, 2015

I'm Back & Ready For a Chat

one little vice beauty blog


Some of you may have noticed that over the last week I took somewhat of an unscheduled mini-break from my blog. I've been blogging everyday for months (and really enjoying it!) but recently I found myself at a bit of a crossroads. Although my blog is growing and I feel as though I've made real progress with it, I just don't feel as though it adequately reflects all the time and effort that I put into it. I had a couple of days where I got a little bit frustrated and I decided that I needed to pour myself into one of my other projects, dedicating 100% of my time and energy to something other than my blog. I found this unbelievably helpful in terms of re-igniting my creative energies and it's also paid off big-time as that other project is now set in motion - and I'm really excited about it!




After I graduated from my masters last September I decided not to throw myself into the graduate job hunt straight away, after going straight from school to university and then postgraduate study I really needed a bit of a break to re-group. I've had a really weird and wonderful year getting used to London again, and although I have been doing freelance projects and working on my blog it's all been part-time and very relaxed compared to my pace of life last year. I really hoped that taking time time out would help give me a better idea of the direction that I'd like to take next, and although I've made a little headway I still feel a little bit like a leaf in the wind - I don't really know where I'm going to end up!


one little vice beauty blog


I'm now beginning to seriously consider my "graduate career" but I'm also still really motivated to continue writing and managing my blog. It's become an important part of my life and I really enjoy the creative process, I think my life would feel emptier without it. Eventually (sometime soon) I do plan to talk more about my new freelance project, I just need to it to progress a little bit more so that I have something more tangible and exciting to show you. If you're a fellow graduate in a similar situation to myself, or if you have stories to share from back when you graduated, then I'd love to chat with you - either in the comments or over on twitter. I think it's always nice to get some insight into what other people are doing, or what they have already done, after university - for every person you know who's got things 100% sorted there will be someone who's equally confused about what they want to do. 


Normal beauty and lifestyle posts will recommence soon but I needed this little break! I hope you're all having a great week and I hope that I'll see some of you over on twitter - @OneLittleVice

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig