UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

September 08, 2015

Lush Haul & Review: New Lush Oxford Street Skincare & Bodycare Products

one little vice beauty blog: new Lush beauty products


Lush Oxford Street unveiled hundreds of amazing new beauty products this summer and the choice is actually a little bit overwhelming! Walking into the new flagship store is like stumbling across a pile of treasure - absolutely everything looks nice and you don't know what to pick up first. After a couple of visits where I didn't pick anything new up, I finally caved and bought the three products that had really caught my eye. I've been using them for about three weeks and instead of just showing you what I bought I decided to write mini-reviews for each product. I'd love to know if you've tried any of  Lush's new products and how you've gotten along with them!


onelittlevice beauty blog: Lush Oxford Street Haul and Review


Lush Cup O'Coffee Face and Body Mask

I spotted the words "body mask" and "coffee" and immediately picked this up - but I didn't really know what to expect from it! In the past, I've used similar products such as Lush's Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub and Lush's Rub Rub Rub Shower Scub, but Cup O'Coffee is much more my cup of tea (see what I did there...) than either of those. Lush's Cup O'Coffee Face and Body Mask is thick, creamy and packed full of medium sized exfoliating coffee grounds. It sticks to your skin as you apply it allowing you to walk about freely with the product on your arms, legs or wherever you're looking to exfoliate. I got about two and a half full body applications out of the 100g sized pot and I basically applied the stuff all over me, working from my ankles upwards, and then left the product on my skin for about twenty minutes. Then I hopped in the shower and really massaged the product into my skin, giving myself an effective exfoliation. With warm water it isn't too hard to remove the body mask, and I found that I was left with incredibly soft, and radiant, skin. Lush's Cup O'Coffee really isn't just an exfoliating product, it really does do a lot more for my skin than that. Although it works out at quite an expensive treat I thought the results were dramatic and long-lasting, and they really improved my confidence about problem-areas of my body (the backs of my thighs and my upper arms). If you have an important event coming up and you want your skin to look as smooth and healthy as humanly possible then I would definitely recommend relying on Lush's Cup O'Coffee. I'm going to be repurchasing the larger sized pot, as it represents better value for money, and will be reaching for it whenever I feel that I need a little bit of a boost.


onelittlevice beauty blog: Lush Oxford Street Haul and Review


Lush Rosey Cheeks Fresh Face Mask

Since Lush opened its new Oxford Street Store I'd been dying to try some of their new face masks. I've always been a really big fan of Lush's skincare and the Fresh Face Masks never fail to impress me! I first spotted the Rosey Cheeks mask on one of Essie Button's vlogs and I loved the sound of a gentle, rose-scented clay mask. Now that I've nearly finished using it, I'm very happy to say that it's exceeded even my high expectations. 

The Rosey Cheeks Fresh Face Mask has a really thick and creamy clay cosistency that is easy to apply onto your skin. It stays put much better than some of the other Lush face masks that I've tried in the past but it's still really easy to remove - I usually use my Konjac Angel Face Cloth* to help speed things along a bit. I find that the clay doesn't irritate my skin and it feels quite gentle compared to other clay masks I've tried in the past. After use, my skin is left feeling fresh, soft, clean and glowing. The best part is that I didn't just notice these results the first time that I used the mask, after every single application I experience the same visibly improvement in the appearance of my skin. It's this sort of reliability that would encourage me to repurchase the mask, so that I could continue to enjoy the benefits time and time again. I'd definitely like to use it again in the future and I'd definitely recommend it - I think it's now my favourite Lush Fresh Face Mask, and I've tried nearly all of them!

Check out my other Lush Face Mask reviews:


one little vice beauty blog: Lush Oxford Street Haul and Review


Lush Yuzu and Cocoa Shower Cream

Somewhat ironically, Lush's Yuzu and Cocoa Shower Gel was the product that I was most excited about purchasing and it's turned out to be the only real letdown from my haul. I absolutely adore the scent of Yuzu and Cocoa, I think it's rich and sweet and incredibly more-ish. I decided to pick up one of the dinky 100ml bottles as I'm never quite sure about Lush's shower gel formulas - some of them are thick and luxurious and others can be a little thin and disenchating. Yuzu and Cocoa falls somewhere in between those two categories, it isn't too thin or thick but a little can still go a long way (somewhat justifying the price). However, the thing that I've found disappointing is that the fragrance - which was what encouraged me to buy it - really doesn't stick around very long at all! Even when I'm using the product in the shower the fragrance still doesn't really come to life, leaving me routinely disappointed. I'd say that this is a nice product in theory but it just didn't live up to my expectations so I don't think that I'd repurchase it.


one little vice beauty blog: Lush Oxford Street Haul


Have you tried any of Lush's new beauty products yet? Is there anything from Lush (new or old) that you think I should try next? Or maybe you think I should give Lush a miss and try out another amazing brand - let me know in the comments or you can tweet me by clicking here.

Share:

3 comments

  1. I'm obsessed with the coffee mask!!!
    sirensandbells.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to try the coffee shower cream, so unique product

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely review!
    I would love to test Lush products..
    Wish you a happy week!

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig