UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

January 05, 2016

Elemis Skincare at John Lewis Kingston

John Lewis Kingston stock some really fabulous beauty brands (all housed in their gorgeous newly renovated beauty floor), and in November they very kindly sent me a package of Elemis products to trial. I haven't used very much from Elemis before so I was really excited to try more from the brand, and I have to admit that I've been pretty impressed!

onelittlevice beauty blog



As soon as I opened the bottle I thought that this is one of my favourite smelling bath products - it has such a gorgeous rich and clean fragrance - but that's just the icing on the cake! Elemis' Skin Nourishing Bath Milk contains a milk protein base that's rich in vitamins, amino acids and minerals. It also contains natural plant collagen from Japanese Camellia Oil and Oat Extract which works to nourish, condition and soften skin. It's definitely a luxurious addition but it really transforms the experience into something more spa-like. If you're really into your at-home pamper sessions then this would be a great addition to your routine.

This toner gently purifies the skin without the use of alcohol, a drying ingredient that can be found in all too many skincare product. Elemis' Balancing Lavender Toner helps to tone pores, and ingredients such as Lavender, Quillja Wood and Sweet Betty Flower help re-balance and soften the skin. I apply it with a cotton pad, sweeping the product across my face as the final step before moisturising my skin in the evening. Toners are the one skincare product that I often feel can be left out of my routine, but I really did notice a difference in my skin whilst I was using this one. I think that if you struggle with open pores, which I definitely do, then gentle toners like this one can actually make a big improvement to the appearance of your skin. That's certainly been my experience!

Elemis' Flash Balm is formulated with a powerful vitamin complex that protects against moisture loss, whilst ingredients such as Purple Orchid, Noni and Acai help to defend against the early signs of skin ageing. It has a thin consistency and can either be used as a very light daytime moisturiser or as a skin primer. Even though it has anti ageing properties I find the results are suitable for all skin types and I like using it over the top of my normal moisturiser for visibly brighter and healthier looking skin. I find that it also sits very really nicely underneath foundation, especially medium coverage foundations which can otherwise leave my skin looking a little bit dull and lacklustre. If you suffer from skin dullness then Elemis' Flash Balm will instantly add radiance to your complexion and I haven't found many other products that give the results that this does.


one little vice beauty blog: john lewis skincare elemis

The standout product from this selection is definitely Elemis' Pro-Collagen Marine Cream. It's a seriously nourishing moisturiser that contains a Mediterranean algae called Padina Pavonica which dramatically increases the quantity go Glucosaminoglycans (GAGs) within the skin. It's these GAGs that are responsible for skin moisturisation, improving suppleness, firmness and skin elasticity. It's performed well in clinical trials (although I had to note that not very many women took part in the trial) and won a lot of beauty awards in 2014. My own experience with the moisturiser demonstrated that it is a potent re-hydrator, and it's effects were noticeable from the very first time that I used it. Elegies' Pro Collagen Marine Cream is definitely aimed towards those older than myself so I can't comment on it's anti-ageing properties, but I do think that this has all the right properties to be a winning choice for anyone looking to plump up dry and/or ageing skin. I'll be passing this along to my Dad to trial as I imagine this will be perfect for him, and I'm hoping to do a round up on his favourite skincare products for mature and dry skin soon.

After my success with this line-up I'll definitely be stopping by a counter to see what other gems they have to offer. 
Have you tried anything from Elemis before?
Share:

3 comments

  1. It looks like a great set - I definitely need to try more Elemis products x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't tried much from Elemis but these products sound so good :) xx

    www.adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read really great reviews on this brand but never tried anything myself. The Pro-Collagen Marine cream sounds lovely and something that my skin would appreciate.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig