UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

January 21, 2016

The Body Shop Italian Summer Fig Eau de Toilette Review

one little vice beauty blog: Diptyque Philosykos dupe

I received The Body Shop's Italian Summer Fig Eau de Toilette (£18.00) for Christmas and it really did exceed all of my expectations. I've seen this fragrance on a number of beauty blogs, and being a lover of fig fragrances (Roger & Gallet got me hooked) I thought that I'd give it a go. It's always a bit risky purchasing fragrances online without smelling them first, but this gamble really paid off.

I've wanted to purchase Diptyque's Philosykos Eau de Toilette for a long time, but with a price point of nearly £50.00 I just couldn't justify the expense. However, after using The Body Shop's perfume for the last month, I wholeheartedly believe that the Italian Summer Fig Eau de Toilette is an excellent affordable "dupe". And even if you've never smelt Philosykos then I'd still recommend the rich and warming scent offered by The Body Shop. 

Personally, I don't agree with the description of the fragrance offered on The Body Shop's website. Italian Summer Fig is a deep and rich fragrance that perfect for the autumn and winter months. If you like warm fragrances (like spicy seasonal scents such as cinnamon) but you want something lighter and ever so slightly fresher, then fig fragrances really fit the bill. I'd also like to take a moment to applaud The Body Shop for the packaging of this Eau de Toilette, I really like the aesthetics of the bottle and I think that it looks a lot more expensive than the price tag!

This has been a big hit with me and I'd definitely recommend it. And speaking from experience, I think that it makes a tremendous gift, as not only is the bottle lovely but it also comes packaged in a very nice box too. 

Have you tried any of The Body Shop's fragrances?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig