UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

February 20, 2016

Vichy Aqualia Thermal Serum Review

one little vice beauty blog: serum for dehydrated skin



Vichy's Aqualia Thermal Serum* (rrp £22.50) is a wonderful, wonderful product. I fell in love with Vichy's Aqualia Thermal Light Moisturiser last summer and after that review Vichy very kindly sent me the matching serum to see if I would like it as much as the moisturiser. Long story short, I'm not quite as head-over-heels in love with the serum as I am the moisturiser, but I really do like the serum and it's been getting a lot of love from me recently.  

Vichy's Aqualia Thermal Serum* is a water based serum with a liquid consistency. One or two pumps gives enough product to cover your entire face, and you massage the product into your skin after cleansing but before reaching for your moisturiser. Initially, it leaves your skin feeling very wet but this quickly passes as your skin drinks in the serum. I find that it's been the perfect addition to both my morning and evening routine as it's helped to combat my skin's dehydration, leaving it less thirsty. 

If you struggle with redness brought on by severe dehydration then a serum like this will be a great addition to your skincare routine. I also found that giving my skin moisturisation from light layers of product (rather than one thick and heavy moisturiser) was more effective. Using this serum underneath my moisturiser also helped to keep my skin hydrated whilst reducing some of the lumps and bumps on my face (think blocked pores and under the skin spots). 

All in all, Vichy's Aqualia Thermal Serum* worked really well at improving my skin concerns without irritating my skin or clogging my pores. Personally, I'd definitely repurchase it as I think that it represents great value for money. However, it's worth noting that this isn't a natural or cruelty free product (Vichy is sold in China), and I know for many people that's a deal-breaker.

Have you tried any of Vichy's Aqualia Thermal range before?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig