UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

August 13, 2016

Soft Summer Skin Routine

onelittlevice beauty blog: Pacifica Body Butter and Nuxe Dry Oil

During the warmer months magazines and blogs go crazy over "summer body" routines; but, in truth, not much about my routine changes throughout the year. Yes, I will change up my products - but only really for variety. I'm not the sort of girl who is committed to the scent my body moisturiser, unless we're talking about L'Occitane's Almond Milk Concentrate because that has an enduring place in my heart (and on my dressing table). Luxuries aside, on an everyday basis I have a three step routine to keeping my dry skin looking its best.

Step one: Dry brushing
You know those oversized brushes you often see in the body care section of drugstores - you're going to need one of those. Dry brushing is really simple, you simply use one of those oversized brushes on dry skin, brushing in short strokes towards in the direction towards your heart. I particularly swear by dry brushing for my legs. I brush upwards in small sweeping motions up from my ankles all the way past my bottom, and I do this once everyday. What you'll find is that not only is your skin perpetually softer but it also makes an improvement to the appearance of blemishes or cellulite, as dry brushing stimulates the lymphatic system. If, like me, you get into a routine with dry brushing then there are real benefits for doing it across your entire body. I find that my skin generally looks and feels much better, and that's all without a single product being applied.


onelittlevice beauty blog: Soft Summer Skin Routine


Step two: Apply body oil to damp skin after a shower/bath
After dry brushing I usually shower, and once I'm out of the shower I like to apply a body oil. At the moment I'm using Nuxe's Huile Prodigieuse (£17.00), which absorbs really quickly into my skin leaving it looking and feeling much more hydrated. I also think that some body oils can have great gentle toning properties, making them a good choice for use on the dĂ©colletage, and anywhere that you'd like to pamper. Although most body oils can be applied to dry skin, not only does applying a body oil to damp skin make the product go further but it also helps the product better absorb into your skin. If you're not fond of hanging about for a body lotion to dry then I'd recommend giving body oils a try - for me, they revolutionised moisturisation (because I now actually routinely do it) and the results have shown me that it's really worthwhile.

Step three: Top up on hydration by applying body butter to dry skin
Let's say that one day you skip the body oil, or perhaps you have an event in the evening and you want your skin to really look its best, it is at moments like these that I'd reach for a body butter. I really love Pacifica's range of body butters, I just can't sing their praises enough. At the moment I'm using Pacifica's Persian Rose Body Butter (£14.95) and I find that it's really deeply hydrating but it still absorbs into my skin very quickly. Additionally, a small amount of product goes a long long way so I find that these body butters last really well. Pacifica is also a 100% vegan and cruelty-free brand, which makes them a great choice for anyone looking to form better beauty buying habits.


I bought my dry brush from Boots (exact model no-longer in stock), and my Nuxe Huile Proidieuse and Pacifica Body Butter online from Feel Unique. However, you can also find these products in stores such as John Lewis and As Nature Intended.
Share:

1 comment

  1. Dry Brushing reminds me so much of Bridget Jones!! Ahah! Its a great tip though! x
    http://www.flareaforte.com

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig