UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

September 28, 2016

L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil Oil-in-Cream Nourishing Leave In Cream

onelittlevice beauty blog: drugstore haircare review

L'Oreal Elvive's Extraordinary Oil Oil-in-Cream Nourishing Leave In Cream not only has the longest name ever, but something about this product haunted me from the moment I saw it. I first spotted it in a magazine (I've forgotten which one exactly) and everything about it appealed to me. Take a quick look at my photo - don't you think that, as packaging goes, L'Oreal have done a terrific job with the tube? The colour is really pretty, the design is appealing and, best of all, you get an absolute tonne of product for barely any money. I bought mine when it was on a half price offer, so I think I paid approximately £2.50 - which is ridiculously affordable, especially considering that this 150ml tube could easily last me six months.

I discovered oil-in-cream leave-in products thanks to Sexy Hair's Soy Renewal Creme Oil, which I love and would highly recommend for anyone with fine hair. However, Sexy Hair's version comes at a steeper price, with 125ml costing around £20.00. I don't mean to imply that Sexy Hair's Creme Oil product isn't worth the money, it's a terrific option for anyone looking to inject some hydration into fine hair without weighing it down - but I really do feel as though L'Oreal's version does a similar job and at a fraction of the price.

one little vice beauty blog: hydrating leave in products for fine hair

After I've showered and towel-dried my hair, I apply a small amount of L'Oreal Elvive's Nourishing Leave In Cream (less than the size of a pound coin) to the lengths and ends. I find that this amount is perfect for me, it helps to take frizz and add softness and nourishment without weighing my hair down. I do use a separate heat protectant when I heat style my hair, but I would do that regardless of what leave-in conditioning product I chose to use. Additionally, although I would recommend being really careful with how much you use, I do apply this onto dry second-day hair to add some life and shine back into the ends of my hair. You can use this a lot like a serum, but it also has the benefit of being hydrating. 

I really like this product - it works well and it's affordable. Plus, they do a more nourishing version for those with thicker-textured hair (although, if your hair can handle it then I might well recommend using a straight up oil instead). Although I won't need to repurchase this for a while, I definitely would spend the money on it again as I've been really happy with my experience.

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig