UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

October 01, 2016

Weleda Almond Soothing Cleansing Lotion Review

onelittlevice beauty blog: natural skincare

During the summer of 2012, like many young people do, I went interrailing with my best friend. In retrospect, our trip was somewhat exhausting as we managed to visit ten different countries over the course of 33 days, and pretty much every day consisted of hours and hours of walking. It was tiring and wonderful, and obviously quite expensive - especially for two nineteen year olds! There was nothing luxurious about our accommodation and I didn't really have anything in the way of a proper skincare routine back then. 

Whilst we were in Berlin - a day or so before my twentieth birthday - I popped into a drugstore and picked up Weleda's Almond Soothing Cleansing Lotion. It was completely by chance (I wanted to treat myself to something and I liked the packaging) and I didn't even really know what I was buying because everything was written in German. In all honesty, I truly believed that I'd bought a moisturiser and that same night I slathered the stuff on my face. However, thanks to Weleda's gentle and effective ingredients, it worked a lot like a gently cleansing mask and left my skin looking really fresh. 

Once I had the opportunity to log onto the precious hostel wifi I quickly realised my mistake and started using it properly. And since then, I must have repurchased this cleansing lotion a good handful of times and, considering I've been blogging about beauty for over four years, any beauty repurchase indicates that I really like a product. 

Most recently, I spotted Weleda's Almond Soothing Cleansing Lotion in Waitrose and couldn't help but pick it up. It comes housed in a cardboard box in a similar pink colour and design, and the tube itself is metal (which is much more luxe than a plastic equivalent). Luckily, my skin still really agrees with this Weleda cleanser. It has a medium-thickness cream consistency and is a very gentle it isn't going to remove heavy makeup but it's perfect for a second cleanse or for use in the morning.

Although the packaging says fragrance-free, the organic almond oil in the ingredients gives the cleanser a naturally rich and warming almond scent. For me, it's incredibly nostalgic and brings back memories of my last week travelling around Europe, but it's also a gentle scent so it wouldn't annoy anyone even if you do prefer your products fragrance-free.

Overall, I think that Weleda's Almond Soothing Cleanser is a great 100% natural product which works really well for my sensitive combination skin. It might not promise the moon, like many skincare products do, but I find it gentle and reliable - at at roughly £10.00 a tube, it doesn't break the bank either. 

Share:

1 comment

  1. Wow £10 isn't bad, this would be great for winter! x
    www.flareaforte.com

    ReplyDelete

© One Little Vice | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig